Network Updates, 19 September 2017
Quicker access to original sources. We’re now including direct links to all stories, podcasts, blogs, and jobs in our weekly email below to allow immediate access and simple click-through. Fellows’ names continue to link to the Fellows Directory on the KF website.
Check out the 6 new job postings below.
If you have news stories or job postings that you would like to share, please email email@example.com.
Log into TENx for complete details and RSVP information for all KF events, unless noted.
- Now: Applications open for Class 23 (see KF website for details)
- September 22: NY Regional Chapter breakfast
- September 24 – November 13: Venture Deals online course (free)
- October 5, 10am-7pm: Defy Ventures visit to California State Prison – Solano
- October 22-27: Modules 2 & 5
Intercontinental Hotel, San Francisco
- November 1: KF Women’s Group breakfast at AngelList HQ; hosted by Jenny Rooke (Class 11) of 5Prime Ventures.
- November 14, 5-8pm: Houston, TX Chapter meeting
- December 8, 8-10am: NY Regional Chapter breakfast
- January 8, 5:30-7pm: Austin, TX Chapter happy hour
- January 21-26, 2018: Modules 3 & 6
Convene, 101 Park Ave., NYC
- International Summit, April 22-27, 2018: Tel Aviv & Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Tammi Jantzen (Class 20), Entrepreneur, authored
“For Women Entrepreneurs or VCs, Doors Will Only Open If We Pound on Them, Loudly and Persistently”
Clint Korver (Class 14), VCJ, “Picking Winners Is a Myth, But the Power Law Is Not”
Wale Ayeni (Class 18), TechCrunch, “Jumia and Safaricom CEOs, Showmax and EchoVC Heads Top Battlefield Africa Lineup”
Trae Vassallo‘s (Class 10) “Elephant in the Valley” study was cited in Wamda’s “Can the UAE Lead the Way in Reforming Policy Frameworks on Gender Discrimination?”
Beto Pallares (Class 18), El Paso Post-Herald, “The Entrepreneurship Club Powered by MIT Launch Comes to El Paso Saturday”
Mark Suster (Mentor Class 21), “Want to Really Understand What All the Hype of Cryptocurrency Is About?”
Derek Bittar (Class 19):
Speaking Engagements, Podcasts, Videos
Today SLUSH Singapore will feature KF speakers:
- Geoffrey See (Class 21) is co-leading “Launching Startups, Not Rockets, in North Korea – Choson Exchange & Frontier Entrepreneurs”
- Snehal Patel (Class 14) is co-leading “The Era of Personalization – HealthTech”
Racquel Bracken (Class 13) was a guest on The Information: Modest Conversations podcast “The Golden Age of Oncology – Racquel Bracken of Venrock”
Grace Sai (Class 21) was interviewed in the CNBC segment “Singapore Is a Global Startup Hub — But It Lacks One Important Ingredient”
September – October
Dimple Sahni (Class 10) will be speaking and presenting on family offices and impact investing:
- Wharton Africa Investment Summit and Family Office Forum, October 1-3 in Marrakesh, Morroco
- Women in Leadership conference, October 25-26 in Dubai, UAE
- MENA PE/VC Summit, October 31 in Dubai, UAE
Trish Costello (KF Founding CEO)
- Access Silicon Valley panel, “Women Raising Funding: Understanding Challenges & How to Give Yourself an Edge,” September 27 in Palo Alto, CA
- Speaker and mentor at the Chloe Capital Investor Accelerator, October 25-26 in New Paltz, NY
Do you have a news story to share? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.