Network Updates, 29 August 2017
We’ve made a change. We’re including direct links to all stories, podcasts, blogs, and jobs below to allow quicker access to the original sources. Names continue to link to the Fellows Directory on the KF website.
If you have news stories that you would like to share, please email email@example.com.
Log into TENx for complete details and RSVP information for all KF events, unless noted.
- September 1: Applications open for Class 23 (see KF website for details)
- September 8: Chicago Chapter breakfast; contact Karen Kerr or her assistant Ceil Espano for details or to RSVP
- September 14: KF Women’s Group breakfast. Hosted by Miriam Rivera (Class 15) at her private residence.
- September 22: NY Regional Chapter breakfast
- September 24 – November 13: Venture Deals online course (free)
- October 5: Defy Ventures visit to California State Prison – Solano
- October 22-27: Modules 2 & 5
Intercontinental Hotel, San Francisco
- December 8: NY Regional Chapter breakfast
- January 21-26, 2018: Modules 3 & 6
Convene, 101 Park Ave., NYC
- International Summit, April 22-27, 2018: Tel Aviv & Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Ashley Carroll (Class 21), Entrepreneur video, “When Pitching Investors, Remember It’s All About the Product”
Krating Poonpol (Class 20), Asia Society, “Asia Society Announces Asia 21 Young Leaders Class of 2017”
Daniel Kraft (Class 13):
- WiredHealth, “Quantified Self to Quantified Health: How Tech Helps Doctors Fill Gaps in Patient Records“
- CNN, “CNN Inspirations: Body Smart“
Zaid Ashai (Class 13), Press Release, “Nexamp Completes 2.4 MW Community Solar Project in Dudley, MA“
Justin Hall (Class 20), DealStreet Asia, “Meaningful Exits Require Critical Mass of Liquidity”
Andras Forgacs (Class 14), The Economist, “Leather Grown Using Biotechnology Is About to Hit the Catwalk”
Impact Venture Capital hosts 1 Million Cups Sacramento every Wednesday morning. Congratulations to the firm’s KF members—Dixon Doll (Mentor Class 15), and Class 16 members Eric Ball, Jack Crawford, Gayathri Radhakrishnan, and Daniel Becker—for nearing their 100th presenter since starting a year ago. More info.
On the Move
Brad Feld (KF BOD, Mentor Class 21): “Saying No 100 Times a Day”
(NEW) Creandum is offering an internship. Interested parties should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing their connection to startups or the tech industry by September 30.
(NEW) Live Oak VP seeks a Principal (on partner track), in conjunction with its 2nd fund. The firm is based in Austin, TX, and focuses on technology and technology-enabled startups. Read the press release.
(CONTINUING) Village Capital has numerous open positions: Director of Business Development, Agriculture Practice Lead, and Director of Finance & Operations (Washington, D.C.); Intern (Mexico City). Read the full descriptions online.
Do you have a news story to share? Please email us: email@example.com.