- Venture Capital
Venture Deals Fall 2019
We are pleased to announce that Kauffman Fellows and Techstars are collaborating once again to run the online Venture Deals Course beginning September 8, 2019.
Together we’ve co-produced the course five times. To date, over 23,000 people have completed the program. Venture Deals is a seven week, collaborative, “learn-by-doing” online course with videos from Venture Capital luminaries, Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, along with project work amongst virtual teams. The workload for the course is about four to six hours per week.
Registration is now open! This course is free for all participants. To complement your online experience, we highly recommend that you have a copy of the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist.
Want to know exactly what the course covers? Here’s the syllabus:
- Week 1 – Introduction of key players/Form or join a team
- Week 2 – Fundraising/Finding the Right VC
- Week 3 – Capitalization Tables/Convertible Debt
- Week 4 – Term Sheets: Economics & Control
- Week 5 – Term Sheets Part Two
- Week 6 – Negotiations
- Week 7 – Letter of Intent/Getting Acquired
If you are interested, sign up now and share with your friends and greater network who might also be interested in learning more about venture capital.